Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Seeds and Annie's Annuals

Last night I got a bunch of packages! I got seeds from Phoenix Desert Nursery (cactusstore.com), seeds from Le Jardin Naturel (baobabs.com), and a few plants from Annie's Annuals (anniesannuals.com).

Today I planted the seeds from Le Jardin Naturel, repotted the plants from Annie's, and began soaking the seeds from Phoenix Desert Nursery except the Puya which were sown in small pots with a ziploc bag over each pot. Normally I use the ziplock bag method to germinate seeds but have decided to germinate directly into soil, since I had had issues with transplanting seedlings after they have germinated. I have also had issues with mold when germinating into soil. Today I first microwaved my germination medium for 3 minutes on high before sowing the seeds. Hope this fixes the problem!

Seeds!

Seeds from Phoenix Desert Nursery


  • Agave bracteosa
  • Agave ornithobroma
  • Agave utahensis
  • Agave victoria-reginae
  • Nolina parryi ssp. wolfii
  • Nolina siberica
  • Puya alpestris
  • Puya ferruginea
  • Puya mirabilis
  • Yucca australis
  • Yucca carnerosana
  • Yucca constricta
  • Yucca elata
  • Yucca elata var. veriensis
  • Yucca faxoniana
  • Yucca filifera
  • Yucca rupicola
  • Yucca schidigera
  • Yucca schottii
  • Yucca thompsoniana
  • Yucca torreyi

Seeds from Le Jardin Naturel

  • Aloe helenae
  • Aloe mayottensis
  • Lomatophyllum macrum
Soaking the seeds for 24 hours


Seeds from Le Jardin Naturel!

Plants from Annie's Annuals


  • Beschorneria albiflora
  • Echium wildpretii
  • Purple Tree Collard
  • Lobelia excelsa
  • Lobelia fistulosa
  • Lobostemon belliformis
Plants from Annie's Annuals
This Annie's Annuals order was originally marked as delivered by the shipping company, even though I had never received the plants. When I called Annie's, they quickly sent replacement plants. I called the shipping company and was informed they were going to investigate what happened to the original packages but I have not heard anything from them yet. Thank you Annie's for great customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment