Thursday, May 5, 2016

Plants from Kartuz and 1 more germinating Sonchus

Yesterday, an order from Kartuz came in. This was my first time ordering from them, so it was a bit of a test to see the quality of the plants that came in. They also had a few plants which I hadn't seen available anywhere else.

The packaging was impressive and obviously great care had been taken to ensure they arrived safely. However, I was a bit disappointed with the Passiflora holosericea and Passiflora 'Anastasia' I ordered. The leaves are all yellow and look very chlorosed. I am not sure if either of them will survive but hopefully.Displaying IMG_2760.JPG

Passiflora holosericea looking a bit rough


Passiflora 'Anastasia' looking even worse

The other plants look a bit better:

Hoya mindorensis
Acanthus sennii from Ethiopia
Brillantaisia owariensis
Impatiens niamniamensis 'African Queen'

I also noticed the beginning signs of germination from Sonchus fruticosus!! This is my second favorite Sonchus (S. leptocephalus being my favorite but it is still unavailable from Rare Plants). 

Sonchus fruticonsus beginning to sprout
Sonchus fruticosus in the wild (image from botany.cz)



Displaying IMG_2760.JPG
Displaying IMG_2760.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment